Tepogue

Tepogue
My level 99 Monk from Final Fantasy XI

Monday, April 9, 2012

Round 2

The second mission was a flash back to the 'good ole days' of 40k.

Objectives -
Primary - Table Quarters
Secondary - Kill points

Twist - Any infantry unit can hold a quarters, thats right not just troops

Deployment - I held everything in reserve while my opponent deployed as follows from my point of view left to right

Crusader - loaded with Cortez and 10 Grey Knights, Chimera in a tower (and yes I mean it was a 5 in tall tower with a platform on top and he deployed the chimera on it, Empty normal Landraider, 2nd tower with a Chimera on top of it, empty land raider, and then last chimera on a huge pile of rocks.

I rolled a 6 to seize as I wanted to start shooting vehicles before they started spreading out like roaches to cover the board. But was stopped by Cortez's Spy network.

Looking at my opponents army, he only had 4 troop  choices, 6 vehicles. I decided I just wanted to bottle him up on his side of the board, if I could stop the land raiders. since they can still contest quarters.

For some reason my opponent did nothing his 1st turn, did not move, just stood still.

My turn- deep struck in 3 Squads, without difficulties, Belial  and command Squad went in on the right side near the Chimera on the rock, one squad in the center of the table, their job was to remain in the center and move to whatever quarter I needed them in the last turn, and 2nd Term Assault Squad and LIbrarian on left flank, targetting left most Chimera, Also acting as bait for Grey Knights squad.

My shooting, Cyclones FTW, left Chimera in tower destroyed, middle Chimera immobolised, Right Chimera, shaken.

Instead of turn by turn blows here's a highlights reel:

Cortez and Grey Knights try and use the casting +1 Str twice and assaulting my Librarian and his squad. Bloody combat results, Librarian ends up force weaponing Cortez to death, but in the end Librarian and all 5 terms die leaving 5 grey knight alive.

Left Chimera was destroyed, the 3 guardsmen inside, jump down tower, take the Grey Knights Land raider and move into my near left quadrant.

My center term Squad, destroys center Chimera, that 3 man guard squad, jumps into center land raider and fearing my chain fist moves and attempts to claim my near right quadrant.

Belial and squad destroy right Chimera and ( surprise) 3 IG run into right Land raider, which stays in far right quadrant.

Turn 5 my last squad of terms auto matically comes in. I put them in the Far left quadrant, right next to the 5 surviving Grey Knights, Cyclone and Storm bolters later, 2 dead, 11 on Ld test, 10 on fallback distance and game ends. There was going to be an argument on how far a vehicle needed to be into a table quarter to claim it in my near right quadrant because a land raider had just the thickness of 1 tread into that quadrant, maybe, I was going to call the judege over to measure and call it, I've always gone with majority placement to determine which quarter a model is in. BUT this was all moot because I broke the Grey Knights and he had no units in the far Left Quarter.

Also, he had only killed my Librarian and the squad he joined, while I had killed 3 chimeras and Cortex, 4-2 kill points my favor. Major Victory for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment