Tepogue

Tepogue
My level 99 Monk from Final Fantasy XI

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Ard Boyz Battle 1

I got to Dicehad and got paired with Perry for round 1. Perry is idk maybe 13-14 and playing an Imperial Fists army. I don't own a copy of the current Space Marine codex so I only have the few games I've played to get used to any tricks they have.

.... I was going to type up Perry's list and go over our battle report, since I have a copy of his list here with me, But looking over this list. It's odd. His troops choices are pretty much all identical.
3 of these 10x SM, meltagun, missile launcher, a Sgt with bolter, bolt pistol, 2 with Rhino and 1 with Razorback
then
2x 5 SM squads,  4x bolters, 4x bolt pistols and Sgt with bolt pistol and Chain Sword.
In razor backs

I'll go ahead and list rest of army.
1x Lysander
2x dreadnoughts in Drop Pods
10 Terminators 2x Cyclones
3 x 10 man marine squads
2x 5 man marine squads
1x 5 scout squad. ( on list listed as 4x sniper rifle for squad, and sgt has a sniper rifle also) Perry spent the game shooting at me with 4 sniper and 1 missle launcher. . .)

Its the tactical squads that caused me issues.
When I encountered these squads I expected to get hit with 6 attacks at Str 4. 4 attacks from the normal marines and 2 from the Sgt.  To my suprise the Sgts were hitting me with 4 attacks and Str 6 power weapons. Perry said he had spcial power weapons that added +2 str that he paid extra for. Looking at the attached summary I see that Chainswords grant + 1 attack just like any other close combat weapon but nothing mentioning Str +2. I do see that it looks like all Sgts start with 2 attacks base and +1 attack for Bolt Pistol and Chain sword. I was totally hosed by these squads. I would charge in with my Orks. get hit with 8 dice from normal marines ( apparently tact marines get 2 dice each) and then 4 Str 6 attacks from the Sgt. Id lose 4-5 orks. I'd attack back kill 2-3 marines and lose combat and get run down thanks to orc initative. This happened to my 4 boyz squads and the hard boyz squad.

At the time I was Ok with my 13-8 loss, despite Perry trying to misplace frag templates. He kept arguing that he didn't have to center them over a models base. He tried to shoot one of my Battlewagons when all he could see was a tip of a missile. That I couldn't attack with some of my orks. He kept saying it was only models within 2 inches of his models. Not within 2 inchs of a model is base contact.

Say we had this:

1ABC

1- SM
A,B&C are all orks.
25 MM bases are basically 1 inch across all models are touching each others bases

By his rules only Orks A and B can attack because  C is more than 2 inchs from his marine
By my reading of the rules A,B&C can all attack, because the distance between A and C is the 1 inch of models B base. This makes a huge difference for Orks since Close Combat is where we do our damage.

I expect that rule disagrements will come up especially in a tournament. I'm Ok when things happen, but after all the different stuff that Perry pulled on me and looking at his list now I really have no desire to play this kid again.

1 comment:

  1. I agree completely. He pulled the SAME frag template shenanigans on me.

    ReplyDelete