Tepogue

Tepogue
My level 99 Monk from Final Fantasy XI

Monday, August 22, 2011

'Ard Boyz Wrap Up

I ended the 'Ard boyz tournament in dead last. Oh well I had hoped to finish much better but overall I had fun. I've got to get further away from 3rd and fully embrace 5th (or at least until 6th shows up next year)

Stuff I learned about the local Meta for tournaments

#1 8 players - 5 were SM, 1 eldar and 2 Ork Players. As normal SM is the army to build to fight against.
#2 Transports, Transports, Transports - All 3 armies I fought had 5-6 Rhinos. Razorbacks, Storm Ravens. I must build my future Ork builds to crack the crunchy outside and then crunch the chewy SM center.
#3 Deathstars really suck, can't rely on killing them outright with orks.
#4 Always hitting the rear armor on vehicles in assault is weird but I must just use it. my PK nobs at Str 9 on the charge. This is probably my most reliable way of breaking transports

Stuff I learned about Orks
#1 Not having the old Waagh Rules sucks. Old Rules I could double Initiative on the charge. So I went from 2 to 4. Now all Orks do is 2 to 3 with Furious Charge. So I will get hit and lose Orks before ever swinging a choppa
#2 Choppa how I miss you. No more 4+ Max Armor Save
#3 Meganoz died completely 2x before rolling any dice due to no longer having easy access to invulnerable saves. ( Using a Special character and one of my 2 precious HQ slots is not really an option)
#4 Increase to 12 Truck Boyz is nice.
#5 Increase to 5 DeathKoptas is nice and 2x Buzzsaws was awesome
#6 Due to always striking last 12 Truk Boyz is not enough bodies. Must increase unit size or double team in assault.
#7 KFF is not really optional - I save so many hits in the first 2 turns of most games I cannot see leaving this at home
#8 I've got to get used to my Warboss T5 is does make a difference he can survive S8 without instant death
#9 My old 3x Twin linked Big Shoota Trakks have just failed me for the last time. ever since sustained dice were removed it's been a slow and steady drop in power each edition. Gonna look for missiles to swap out the Shootas
#10 Deff Rollas - use them. Str 10 hits are so worth it.
#11 Scew Zzap guns. with the auto hit removed, its a worthless AP2 weapon.

No comments:

Post a Comment