Tepogue

Tepogue
My level 99 Monk from Final Fantasy XI

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Summer mega post

It's been a busy summer. With my wife home for the summer since she's a teacher I havnt posted anything. For a quick recap I finished painting our basement and got my game table, painting area and den set up. Also got our master bath redone completly. Our kitchen 1/2 redone. have new cabinets and flooring down. 1/2 of our hall bath is done. Was a real rush to get it all done.
I've decided to go back to school and going to Chat State as part of their new Wacker Institute. No job is guranteed but 53k sounds a whole lot better than all the jobs i've been looking at. I'm still looking for a job, just only part time now instead of full time.
Since I'm going back to school and my wife's job is always busy at the start of a new school year we have decided to completely quit Final Fantasy XI. Money is really tight because we spent 8 weeks without a working kitchen due to renovations. Ended up eating up part of our savings just to put food on the table. But life sucks for everyone now it seems. The final straw for quiting was FFXI changing their billing policy and making us buy Crysta or pay a shady 3rd party company calling Click and Buy. If you go with Crysta you never can pay the exact amount you owe. I'm an adult I don't overpay my bills. If the bill is 20.95 then I pay just that amount. I'm not buying 25$ of Crysta to pay a bill of $20.95. Totally retarded. And searching for Click and Buy finds nothing but hundreds of complaints. So I canceled all 3 of my accounts this week. Goodbye FFXI but you suck too much for me to play anymore.

If you look at my profile you'll see I have a huge collection of Games Workshop models. In order to make ends meet I'm selling off a huge amount of minatures. Check out ebay.com, Seller lordzerr.

Unpacking all my models to sell finally got me back in the mood to start playing again. I've wanted to since December last year but just didn't feel like I had the time or energy to restart the hobby after a 5 year break. Thanks to an old friend Waaghboss, I was able to get a 40k rule book and finally managed to meet a few people through the Fixed Dice gaming group and got some games in.

No comments:

Post a Comment