Tepogue

Tepogue
My level 99 Monk from Final Fantasy XI

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Warhammer Fantasy Tournament

I attended a WFB tournament at Dicehead games. It was 2000 point limit and no other restrictions. I have a couple of pics in my Skaven link.

My army list was

Grey Seer - nekkid

Warlord - HA, Shield
Bonebreaker
Fellblade

This capped out my Lord limit hence no magic items on the Grey Seer

Heroes

Warlock
Level 1
Dispel Scroll
Death Globe

Warlock
Doom Rocket

Champion
BSB

50 Slaves

50 Slaves

39 Clanrats - Full Cmd, Shields LA

36 Clanrats  - Full Cmd, Shields LA
Warp Fire Thrower
Special

9 Gutter runners - Slings, poison

Rare

Hell pit abomination

Hell pit abomination

This army was an updated version of my old 13^2 Rogue trader army. But ouch times have changed.

I fought 3 battles for the tournament

Round 1 VS gunline Empire

I didn't get a copy of the army list so here it is as I remember it

Arch Lector on the War Altar

Luthor Hess on horse

Level 2 Metal Wizard

Level 2 Light Wizard

Core

Unit of ~30 Swords men

Unit of 20 Knights

and I don't remember a 3rd core unit

Special/rare

Steam Tank

2 Mortars

2 Cannons

The mission was the diagonal deployment and you rolled to see if your units got delayed. My dice hated me and 4 units got delayed. 1 Slave Unit, 1 Clanrat unit, BSB and Warlock with dispel scroll

Unfortunately my opponent didn't have his army ready to go when we started and ~15 minutes were lost waiting on that. And since I can't leave the house without something going wrong. Last tournament one of our dogs had a seizure, this time kitchen flooding again. I cost us 5-10 minutes on phone calls on that.

Between that delay and a call from my wife about our dishwasher overflowing into the kitchen we were only able to get through 3 turns.

My highlights. I got irrestiable force on Skitterleap to put my warlock with death globe next to the Steam tank, and promtly lost 3 levels from the miscast chart. My other spell was Sealed of destructioned away. So level 1 no spell grey Seer.  Warlock then managed to toss the Death Globe 8 inches away from the Steam tank and died to grapeshot the next turn. I brought my Gutter Runners onto the table behind the gunline and forgot to shoot with them. Opponent declined to let me go back and shoot with them because we had already started HtH.
Warlord on Bonebreaker in clanrat unit ate a cannonball and died. So never got to evaluate him this battle.
Warpfire thrower, misfire and died on 1st attempted shooting.

Units of 50 slaves can eat mortar shots and still work. even losing 10 with the general and bsb close by they stayed around.

HPA ended up fighting Steam tank and over 4 CC phases ground it down to 5 wounds out of 10 >< damn that thing is sick

Other HPA got stuck in with Luthor Hess and Knights unit. Fear actually worked 2 times and reduced the knights to needing 5's to hit, WS 1 VS WS3.

HPA were random and I could see them being worth their points. I have traditionally avoided using large monsters in the past due to high cost and no saves. the regenerate is awesome on the HPA

Last turn my opponents Metal Wizard got off a spell that made me test of models turned to gold. My luckless Grey Seer failed test and turned to gold along with 13 other clanrats.

result
Empire win - by 500 points. Which was pretty much just my Warlord and Grey Seer dying. Turn 4 would have seen the Skaven Wave finally make it to the enemies lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment