Tepogue

Tepogue
My level 99 Monk from Final Fantasy XI

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

WFB Tourney round 2

Round 2 saw me doing a meeting engagement VS Lizardmen.

His Army

Slann - with thou shalt not get to keep any 6's ability

Saurus BSB

2 blocks of 25-30 Saurus

1 Skinks ~20 with 3 Kroxigor embedded

2 Salamander

2 units of cameleon skinks

Mission was a battle in the pass with us setting up on the narrow sides of the table 24 inches apart. Becasue of this both units of Chameleon skinks were able to infiltrate behind me and were pains in the butte the entire time.

Due to a house being in the way I ended up with my Warlord/clanrat/warp fire thrower unit being alone on 1 side of the house and the rest of the army clusted around my Grey Seer/clanrat unit on the other side. Grey Seer was general because I wanted the warlord to be expendible.

My opponents dice mainly decided to suck this game. The Warlords unit got double charged in the front by 1 Saurus Block with BSB and the Skink/Krox unit. And the Warlord's unit won combat 4 times in a row. The Fellblade was epic fail with usually only 2 of 4 attacks hitting and then only getting 1 wound. Bonebreaker was epic though killing 2 saurus a turn by himself. Clanrats poured attack onto the skinks and thanks to that kept winning the combat.

My Warpfire thrower misfired on its 1st shot, ran into the side of the house and exploded. . . .

One HPA got hit by Salamander and OMG do this things really have as many rules as this player was claiming? flaming attacks, massive - on the armor save and if you shoot them, it can hit the skinks instead and even if you hit the salamander you still just remove skinks. rules were really wacky and complicated. \

HPA's didn't die, only got to combat on the last turn and both got into  the other saurus unit and Wow, squishy lizards. Sauruse didn't run, but I never expect lizard men to run.

Last turn saw one of the slave blocks hit the side of the saurus unit involved with the warlord units combat and cause me to win that combat and break those units. I think I ran them both down, not sure.

My Grey Seer was stifled by the Slann most of the game, but in turn 3 I think, managed to Cracks Call and 1 shot the Slann.

My Gutter runners decided to come on behind my army and hence behind the cameleon shinks. Was able to destroy 1 unit and got the other unit down to 1 model left.

result Skaven win by Massacare - 1000 or so points in Skaven favor
Only VP Lizardment actually got were from the Warpfire thrower team.

No comments:

Post a Comment